Mediterranean Chicken with Mixed Vegetables
Fennel, green beans, and white kidney beans add folate, calcium, and fibre to an earthy chicken dish.
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 whole chicken cut into serving pieces
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1-1/2 lbs bulb fennel trimmed and sliced
- 4 garlic cloves chopped
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp rosemary
- 1/4 tsp thyme
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 can white kidney beans rinsed and drained
- 1/2 lb green beans cut into 5-cm lengths
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In Dutch oven, heat oil over medium-high heat. Dredge chicken in flour. Sauté until golden, 4 minutes per side. Transfer to plate.
- Add fennel to pan, reduce heat to medium, and cook, stirring often, until fennel is golden, 7 minutes. Add garlic; cook 1 minute. Add broth, lemon juice, salt, rosemary, thyme, and pepper. Bring to a boil. Add chicken, cover, and place in oven.
- Bake until chicken is done, about 35 minutes. Stir in kidney beans and green beans. Bake 5 more minutes.