Mediterranean Bulgur Salad
Whether it’s nutrition or taste you’re after, it doesn’t get any better than this. Bulgur, beans, tomatoes, pine nuts and olive oil team up in this vegetarian main dish salad.
Taste of Home
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked bulgur
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can garbanzo beans or chickpeas 15 ounces, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups halved cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup chopped cucumber
- 8 green onions sliced
- 1 package crumbled feta cheese 4 ounces
- 1/2 cup pine nuts toasted
- In a large saucepan, bring broth and bulgur to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until tender and broth is almost absorbed. Remove from the heat; let stand at room temperature, uncovered, until broth is absorbed.
- In a small bowl, whisk the oil, lemon juice, parsley, salt and pepper.
- In a large serving bowl, combine the bulgur, beans, tomatoes, cucumber and onions. Drizzle with dressing; toss to coat. Sprinkle with cheese and pine nuts.
1 cup: 298 calories, 17g fat (3g saturated fat), 7mg cholesterol, 657mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 8g fibre), 10g protein.