Mashed Garlic Potatoes
“I infuse creamy mashed potatoes with the subtle taste of garlic, which makes them a welcome addition to any meal.” —Myra Innes, Auburn, Kansas
Photo: Taste of Home
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
- 2 medium potatoes peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 5 garlic cloves peeled and halved
- 3/4 tsp salt divided
- 2 tbsp butter softened
- 2-3 tbsp heavy whipping cream
- Place potatoes, garlic and 1/4 teaspoon salt in a small saucepan; cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Drain.
- In a small bowl, mash the potatoes and garlic. Add butter, cream and remaining salt; beat until smooth.
3/4 cup: 288 calories, 17g fat (11g saturated fat), 47mg cholesterol, 986mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein.