Mascarpone Mousse with Blood Oranges
Shutterstock | hlphoto
|Servings||Prep Time||Passive Time|
- 3 blood oranges
- 1/2 cup blood orange juice
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 tbsp orange liqueur
- 1 cup mascarpone cheese at room temperature
- 1 cup cream 35%
- 4 lady fingers crumbled
- Grate the zest of 2 oranges and set aside. Working over a bowl to catch the juice, peel all 3 oranges right down to the flesh, removing all the pith and outer membrane.
- Lift out the sections (flesh only) and cut each section into three pieces.
- Transfer the orange pieces to a bowl and add the juice and one-third of the sugar. Stir to combine and let macerate at room temperature.
- Meanwhile, place the cheese in a bowl and beat with a wooden spoon until smooth. Add the orange zest and liqueur and stir well to combine.
- In another bowl, whip the cream and the remaining sugar until stiff. Fold the whipped cream into the cheese mixture, a third at a time, using a rubber spatula.
- In four dessert cups, alternate layers of mousse, crumbled cookies, and fruit (with the juice).
- Refrigerate 30 minutes before serving.