Maple Pumpkin Pie
“Tired of traditional pumpkin pie? The maple syrup in this special pie provides a subtle but terrific enhancer.” —Lisa Varner, El Paso, Texas
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
|8servings||25minutes||1hour + chilling|
|1hour + chilling|
- 2 large eggs
- 1 can pumpkin 15 ounces
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 tsp salt
- dough for single-crust pie
- Maple Whipped Cream:
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tbsp confectioner's sugar
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- chopped pecans optional
- Preheat oven to 425°. On a lightly floured surface, roll dough to a 1/8-in.-thick circle; transfer to a 9-in. pie plate. Trim crust to 1/2 in. beyond rim of plate; flute edge. Refrigerate while preparing filling.
- In a large bowl, combine the first 7 ingredients; beat until smooth. Pour into crust. Bake for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 350°. Bake 45-50 minutes longer or until crust is golden brown and top of pie is set (cover edges with foil during the last 15 minutes to prevent overbrowning if necessary). Cool on a wire rack for 1 hour. Refrigerate overnight or until set.
- In a small bowl, beat the cream, confectioners' sugar, syrup and pumpkin pie spice until stiff peaks form. Pipe or dollop onto pie. Sprinkle with pecans if desired.
Combine 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour and 1/4 tsp. salt; cut in 1/2 cup cold butter until crumbly. Gradually add 3-5 Tbsp. ice water, tossing with a fork until dough holds together when pressed. Shape into a disk; wrap and refrigerate 1 hour.
1 piece: 489 calories, 26g fat (16g saturated fat), 121mg cholesterol, 290mg sodium, 59g carbohydrate (40g sugars, 2g fibre), 7g protein.