Maple Pecan Tarts
“I absolutely love pecans. I combine them with maple and vanilla to create the ultimate tart, made even richer with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.” —Redawna Kalynchuk, Barrhead, Alberta
Taste of Home
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
|1dozen||25minutes||25minutes + cooling|
|25minutes + cooling|
- 1 cup butter softened
- 6 oz cream cheese softened
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup maple syrup
- 2/3 cup butter melted
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Dash salt
- 3 cups pecan halves
- vanilla ice cream optional
- In a large bowl, cream butter and cream cheese until smooth. Gradually beat flour into creamed mixture. Shape into a disk; wrap in plastic. Refrigerate 1 hour or until firm enough to handle.
- Divide dough into 12 portions. Roll each portion into a 5-in. circle; transfer to 12 ungreased 4-in. fluted tart pans with removable bottoms. Trim crust even with edges. Refrigerate 20 minutes. Preheat oven to 375°.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk the first 6 filling ingredients. Pour into tart shells; arrange pecans over tops. Bake 25-30 minutes or until centers are just set (mixture will jiggle). Cool on wire racks. If desired, serve with ice cream. Refrigerate leftovers.
1 tart (calculated without ice cream): 669 calories, 50g fat (21g saturated fat), 145mg cholesterol, 299mg sodium, 52g carbohydrate (32g sugars, 3g fibre), 8g protein.