Maple Mustard Chicken
“My husband loves this chicken dish. It calls for only five ingredients, and we try to have them all on hand for a delicious and cozy dinner anytime.” —Jennifer Seidel, Midland, Michigan
Photo: Taste of Home
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves 6 ounces each
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup stone-ground mustard
- 2 tbsp quick-cooking tapioca
- Hot cooked brown rice
- Place chicken in a 3-qt. slow cooker. In a small bowl, combine the syrup, mustard and tapioca; pour over chicken. Cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours or until tender. Serve with rice.
- Freeze option: Cool chicken in sauce. Freeze in freezer containers. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Heat through slowly in a covered skillet until a thermometer inserted in chicken reads 165°, stirring occasionally; add broth or water if necessary.
1 chicken breast half: 289 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 94mg cholesterol, 296mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 2g fibre), 35g protein.