Lip-Smackin’ BBQ Chicken
“The kids always say ‘prepare to lick your lips’ when we have friends over for barbecue chicken. I’m proud of this dish, the first recipe I ever created.” —Sue Thomas, Spartanburg, South Carolina
Photo: Taste of Home
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
- 2 cups ketchup
- 1 cup cider vinegar
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tbsp prepared mustard
- 3 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 6 lb assorted bone-in chicken pieces
- In a large saucepan, combine the first 11 ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 1 to 1-1/2 hours or until thickened, stirring occasionally. Remove half of the sauce; reserve for brushing chicken. Keep remaining sauce warm for serving.
- Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat 25-35 minutes or until juices run clear, turning occasionally and brushing with reserved sauce during the last 10 minutes. Serve with remaining sauce.
4 ounces cooked chicken: 402 calories, 17g fat (5g saturated fat), 104mg cholesterol, 871mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (26g sugars, 0 fibre), 34g protein.