Number of servings : Prep time: Cooking time: Type of meal : | Main Courses | Main Courses Special diet
Number of servings :
Type of meal : | Main Courses | Main Courses
Special diet :
450 g (1 lb) linguine
45 ml (3 tbsp) unsalted butter
Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
450 g (1 lb) medium scallops, trimmed
1 small onion, chopped
125 ml (1/2 cup) white wine
250 ml (1 cup) 35% cream
1 lemon, juiced and zest grated finely
30 ml (2 tbsp) fresh dill, chopped
4 to 6 sprigs fresh dill
- In a large pot, cook the linguine al dente according to package directions. Drain without rinsing and transfer to a bowl.
- In a heated skillet, melt the butter. Season the scallops with salt and pepper and sear quickly for 1 minute on each side. Remove scallops to a plate and cover loosely with aluminum foil.
- In the same pan, wilt the onion for 2 minutes. Add the wine and reduce for 2 minutes.
- Add the cream, lemon juice, lemons zest and chopped dill. Reduce another few minutes until the sauce thickens, and adjust the seasoning. Add the pasta to the pan and heat while stirring gently to coat with the sauce.
- Divide the pasta among heated individual serving plates, place some scallops on each plate and garnish with a sprig of dill.
- Serve immediately.
Imported on 2011-01-20 20:26:46 — Original ID:2418