Lemon Salmon with Basil
“At our house we opt for healthy foods, and this lemony salmon with basil is a knockout in the good-for-you category. We have it with asparagus or zucchini.” —Shanna Belz, Prineville, Oregon
Taste of Home
- 4 salmon fillets 6 ounces each
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp grated lemon zest
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 2 tbsp fresh basil thinly sliced
- 2 medium lemons thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 375°. Place salmon in a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Drizzle with oil; sprinkle with lemon zest, salt, pepper and 2 tablespoons basil; top with lemon slices.
- Bake 15-20 minutes or until fish just begins to flake easily with a fork. If desired, top with additional basil.
1 salmon fillet: 294 calories, 18g fat (3g saturated fat), 85mg cholesterol, 381mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fibre), 29g protein.
Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 1/2 fat.