Lemon Coconut Bites
“The tangy lemon flavour of this layered bar dessert is especially delicious on a warm day. It takes me back to selling lemonade on the sidewalk as a little girl.” —Donna Biddle, Elmira, New York
Photo: Taste of Home
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
|4dozen||25minutes||20minutes + cooling|
|20minutes + cooling|
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup confectioner's sugar
- 3/4 cup cold butter cubed
- 4 large eggs room temperature
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- In a small bowl, combine flour and confectioners' sugar; cut in the butter until crumbly. Press into a lightly greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in another small bowl, beat the eggs, sugar, lemon juice and baking powder until combined. Pour over crust; sprinkle with coconut.
- Bake at 350° until golden brown, 20-25 minutes. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars.
1 bar: 82 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 25mg cholesterol, 46mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 0 fibre), 1g protein.