Lamb Cutlets with Herb and Lemon Crust
A lemony crust makes ordinary grilled cutlets or chops more exciting as well boosting the anti-oxidant content of the dish.
Photo: Anti-Ageing Diet Cookbook
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
- 1 egg
- 50 g whole-wheat bread crusts or slices
- 2 sprigs fresh parsley
- 10 fresh mint leaves
- 1 tbsp grated lemon zest
- 1 small garlic clove
- 30 g parmesan grated
- freshly ground pepper to taste
- 8 lamb cutlets or chops bone ends trimmed and cleaned
- Preheat grill (broiler) to medium. Line grill tray with foil.
- Beat egg in a shallow bowl.
- Put bread, parsley, mint, lemon zest, garlic, parmesan and pepper to taste in a food processor or blender and blend to a fine crumb mixture. Tip out onto a large plate.
- Dip cutlets or chops in beaten egg and turn to coat well on all sides. Then firmly press each into crumb mixture so that both sides are well coated. Put on grill tray.
- Grill cutlets about 5 minutes each side, or until crumbs are dark golden. Serve hot.
Serve the lamb with a green salad. Vary the recipe by using different herbs in the crumb mixture. Lime zest instead of lemon zest works well.