Kids’ Fruity Sushi
The kids won’t wrinkle their nose up at this sushi. Using fruit leather and crisped rice cereal, this is a sweet treat sure to please!
Photo: Tango Photographie
- 10 fruit leather sheets
- 10 pieces multi-coloured shoestring licorice avoid black licorice
- 4 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1/4 cup butter cubed
- 5 cups rice cereal
- Unroll fruit leather sheet, leaving paper attached. Cut licorice lengthwise into thin strips. Set aside.
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, combine marshmallows and butter. Microwave, uncovered, on high for about 2 minutes or until melted, stopping to stir once or twice. Add cereal and stir in to coat.
- Place about ½ cup (125 mL) cereal mixture along the edge of each fruit leather sheet; place licorice in the centre of the mixture. Roll up “sushi” to about 1 inch (2.5 cm) diameter, discarding paper as rolled. Trim edges of rolls; cut each into four pieces.
Fun Tip: Make fake wasabi with green-tinted marzipan and fake ginger from coconut slices soaked in water with a drop each red and yellow food colouring. Dry on parchment paper before plating.