“I enjoy drinking a kale smoothie for breakfast or as an after-school snack. The fruit and agave nectar give this healthy version a pleasant sweetness.” —Kimberly Jackson, Marshfield, Missouri
Taste of Home
- 1 small bunch kale chopped
- 1 medium pear chopped
- 1 cup frozen sweetened mixed berries
- 1 medium banana halved
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 cup low-fat vanilla almond milk yogurt
- 3 tbsp Agave nectar
- In a large bowl, mix kale and fruits. Pour in almond milk, yogurt and agave nectar; stir to combine. Process in batches in a blender until smooth. Serve immediately or refrigerate.
1 cup: 184 calories, 3g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 86mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (23g sugars, 6g fibre), 4g protein.