Kahlua Hot Chocolate
“When we want a cup of hot chocolate, we prefer homemade over store mixes. A splash of Kahlúa adds a touch of fabulous.” —Chung-Ah Rhee, Hollywood, California
Photo: Taste of Home
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp Dutch-processed cocoa
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- Dash ground nutmeg
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 2-4 tbsp Kahlua (coffee liqueur)
- Marshmallows and miniature marshmallows optional
- Salted caramel sauce optional
- Chocolate syrup optional
- In a small saucepan, whisk sugar, cocoa, cinnamon and nutmeg. Gradually whisk in milk; cook and stir until heated through. Remove from heat; stir in Kahlua. Ladle into mugs; serve with toppings as desired.
1 cup (calculated without optional toppings): 280 calories, 8g fat (5g saturated fat), 20mg cholesterol, 116mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (31g sugars, 6g fibre), 11g protein.