Judy’s Macaroni Salad
“After finding this vintage macaroni salad recipe years ago, I tweaked the flavour and bumped up the pickles. Tuck this dill pickle pasta salad inside your picnic basket.” —Elizabeth Kirchgatter, Maysville, Kentucky
Taste of Home
- 2-1/2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1-1/2 cups mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sweet pickle juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 6 hard-boiled large eggs chopped
- 6 sweet pickles chopped
- Cook macaroni according to package directions. Drain macaroni; rinse with cold water and drain well.
- In a large bowl, combine mayonnaise, pickle juice, salt and pepper. Stir in cheese, eggs and pickles. Add macaroni; toss gently to coat. Refrigerate, covered, until chilled, at least 2 hours.
3/4 cup: 347 calories, 28g fat (6g saturated fat), 113mg cholesterol, 413mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fibre), 8g protein.