Jicama and Pineapple Guacamole
“If you’re a fan of chunky pineapple guacamole, then this combo is for you. Crunchy diced jicama and juicy fruit chunks combine for an out-of-this-world texture. For extra flavour, toss the pineapple on the grill for a few minutes before chopping.” —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
Photo: Taste of Home
- 3 medium ripe avocado peeled and cubed
- 2 to 3 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1/2 to 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 cup unsweetened pineapple chunks
- 1/2 cup cubed peeled jicama
- In a bowl, mash avocados until almost smooth. Stir in lime juice and ½ teaspoon salt. Let stand 10 minutes to allow flavors to blend. Adjust seasoning with additional lime juice and salt if desired. Top with pineapple and jicama.
1/4 cup: 131 calories, 10g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 166mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 5g fibre), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 fat, 1/2 starch.