Jazzed-Up Green Bean Casserole
“This is not your mama’s green bean casserole, but she’ll still be raving about it! After trying many variations, I decided to give this old standby extra kick. The crunchy texture, cheesy goodness and bacon make it a hit.” —Scott Rugh, Portland, Oregon
Taste of Home
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
- 2 packages frozen cut green beans 16 ounces each, thawed
- 2 cans condensed cream of mushroom soup 10-3/4 ounces each, undiluted
- 8 oz sliced water chestnuts drained
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 6 bacon strips cooked and crumbled
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1/8 tsp paprika
- 4 oz Velveeta cubed
- 2.8 oz French-fried onions
- In a 4-qt. slow cooker, combine the green beans, soup, water chestnuts, milk, bacon, pepper and paprika. Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or until beans are tender; stir in cheese. Cover and cook for 30 minutes or until cheese is melted. Sprinkle with onions.
3/4 cup: 200 calories, 11g fat (4g saturated fat), 18mg cholesterol, 862mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fibre), 7g protein.