Huli Huli Chicken Thighs
“I’m allergic to store-bought barbecue sauces, so when I found a marinade recipe I could use, I tweaked it a little and began using it with chicken thighs. My fiancé loves this over Parmesan couscous.” —Erin Rockwell, Lowell, Massachusetts
Photo: Taste of Home
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
- 1 cup crushed pineapple drained
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 1/3 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- 3 tbsp lime juice
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 8 boneless skinless chicken thighs about 2 pounds
- hot cooked rice
- thinly sliced green onions optional
- Mix first six ingredients. Place chicken in a 3-qt. slow cooker; top with pineapple mixture.
- Cook, covered, on low until chicken is tender, 4-5 hours. Serve with rice. If desired, top with green onions.
1 serving: 239 calories, 8g fat (2g saturated fat), 76mg cholesterol, 733mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 0 fibre), 22g protein.
Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 starch.