Hot Pineapple Ham Sandwiches
“Your trusty slow cooker lets you make these warm, gooey sandwiches without heating up the house on a hot day. The mustard and brown sugar give them such satisfying richness.” —Nancy Foust, Stoneboro, Pennsylvania
Photo: Taste of Home
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
- 2 cans unsweetened crushed pineapple undrained, 20 ounces each
- 1 medium onion finely chopped
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup dijon mustard
- 2-1/2 lbs thinly sliced deli ham
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 2 tsp water
- Mix first 4 ingredients. Place half the mixture in a 5-qt. slow cooker; top with half the ham. Repeat layers. Cook, covered, on low until heated through, 3-4 hours.
- Using tongs, remove ham from slow cooker, leaving pineapple mixture behind; keep warm. In a large saucepan, mix cornstarch and water until smooth. Stir in pineapple mixture; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, until mixture is slightly thickened, stirring occasionally. Serve ham, pineapple mixture and, if desired, cheese on rolls.
1 sandwich: 468 calories, 8g fat (2g saturated fat), 60mg cholesterol, 1540mg sodium, 69g carbohydrate (36g sugars, 2g fibre), 29g protein.