Who has time to make from-scratch bagels? You do, with this easy recipe! The chewy golden bagels offer a hint of honey and will win over even the pickiest eaters.
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
- 1 tablespoon active dry yeast
- 1-1/4 cups warm water 110° to 115°
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons (plus 1/4 cup) honey divided
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 large egg room temperature
- 4 to 5 cups bread flour
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
1 bagel: 265 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 16mg cholesterol, 303mg sodium, 48g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 2g fibre), 7g protein.