Holiday Peppermint Mocha
“Make spirits bright with a minty mocha to share under the mistletoe or around the piano. I’ve also stirred in coffee liqueur instead of peppermint.” —Lauren Brien-Wooster, South Lake Tahoe, California
Photo: Taste of Home
- 4 cups 2% milk
- 8 packets instant hot cocoa mix
- 1-1/2 cups brewed espresso or double-strength dark roast coffee
- 3/4 cup peppermint schnapps liqueur 1 teaspoon peppermint extract plus 3/4 cup additional brewed espresso
- whipped cream optional
- In a large saucepan, heat milk over medium heat until bubbles form around sides of pan. Add cocoa mix; whisk until blended. Add espresso and heat through.
- Remove from heat; stir in liqueur. If desired, serve with whipped cream.
3/4 cup: 197 calories, 6g fat (4g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 234mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (18g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.