Herbed Tuna Salad
“This well-seasoned salad, with its distinctive dill flavour, is my favourite lunch recipe.” – Rebecca Schweizer, Chesapeake, Virginia.
- 1 can light water-packed Chicken of the Sea tuna drained and flaked, 6 ounces
- 2 tbsp finely chopped red onion
- 1 tsp minced fresh parsley
- 1-1/2 tsp dill weed
- 1/8 tsp garlic salt
- 1/8 tsp dried thyme
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- 2 tbsp fat-free mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp reduced-fat sour cream
- 3 cups Boston lettuce leaves
- 6 grape tomatoes sliced
- Optional: sliced cucumber and fresh dill
1 each: 170 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 30mg cholesterol, 452mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 4g fibre), 25g protein.
Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 vegetable.