Halloween Peanut Spider Cookies
“These cute spider cookies are so easy. They’ll be the star at your next Halloween party!” —Rashanda Cobbins, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Taste of Home
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
|2dozen||20minutes||15minutes + cooling|
|15minutes + cooling|
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large egg room temperature
- 24 Reese's mini peanut butter cups
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 tsp shortening
- 48 candy eyes
- Preheat oven to 350°. Cream peanut butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg.
- Roll into 1-in. balls. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Flatten slightly with the bottom of a glass. Bake until tops are slightly cracked, 15-17 minutes. Cool for 3 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Immediately press 1 mini peanut butter cup into center of each cookie. Let stand until set.
- In a microwave, melt chocolate chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Place mixture in a resealable plastic bag; cut a small hole in a corner of bag. Adhere candy eyes to peanut butter cups with melted chocolate mixture. Pipe 8 lines alongside each peanut butter cup to resemble spider legs. Let stand until set.
1 cookie: 138 calories, 8g fat (2g saturated fat), 9mg cholesterol, 60mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 1g fibre), 3g protein.