Grilled Teriyaki Chicken
“This grilled teriyaki chicken recipe is so tasty, my husband insists it could be served in a restaurant.” —Joan Hallford, North Richland Hills, Texas
Photo: Taste of Home
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
|2servings||15minutes + marinating||15minutes|
|2servings||15minutes + marinating|
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/4 cup sherry or chicken broth
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves 6 ounces each
- In a small saucepan, combine the first 5 ingredients. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook for 1 minute. Cool for 10 minutes. Pour into a shallow dish; add chicken and turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Drain and discard marinade. Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat until a thermometer reads 165°, 7-8 minutes on each side.
1 chicken breast half: 203 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 94mg cholesterol, 417mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fibre), 35g protein.
Diabetic Exchanges: 5 very lean meat.