Grilled Steak Bruschetta Salad
“Fire up the grill for this tasty salad. The meat will be done in a snap, leaving you more time to enjoy the summer evening.” —Devon Delaney, Princeton, New Jersey
Taste of Home
- 1/2 pound beef tenderloin steaks 1 inch thick
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 slices Italian bread 1/2 inch thick
- 1 cup fresh arugula or fresh baby spinach
- 1/3 cup jarred or prepared bruschetta topping
- 1/3 cup blue cheese salad dressing
- Sprinkle steaks with salt and pepper. Grill, covered, over medium heat until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 135°; medium, 140°; medium-well, 145°), 6-8 minutes on each side. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Grill bread, covered, until toasted, 1-2 minutes on each side; place on salad plates.
- Thinly slice steak; arrange over toast. Top with arugula and bruschetta topping. Drizzle with dressing.
1 each: 460 calories, 31g fat (7g saturated fat), 57mg cholesterol, 1183mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fibre), 28g protein.