Grilled Ribeyes with Browned Garlic Butter
“Use the smoke of the grill to flavour the ribeyes, then pass them with garlicky butter for a standout entree your friends and family always remember.” —Arge Salvatori, Little Ferry, New Jersey
Taste of Home
- 6 tbsp unsalted butter cubed
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 4 beef ribeye steaks about 1 inch thick and 12 ounces each
- 1-1/2 tsp salt
- 1-1/2 tsp black pepper
- In a small heavy saucepan, melt butter with garlic over medium heat. Heat 4-6 minutes or until butter is golden brown, stirring constantly. Remove from heat.
- Season steaks with salt and pepper. Grill, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat 5-7 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 135°; medium, 140°; medium-well, 145°).
- Gently warm garlic butter over low heat. Serve with steaks.
4 ounces cooked beef with 2 teaspoons garlic butter: 449 calories, 36g fat (16g saturated fat), 123mg cholesterol, 521mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fibre), 30g protein.