Grilled Chicken Salad with Blueberry Vinaigrette
“When it comes to grilled chicken recipes, we love this refreshing salad in the summer. The real star here is the vinaigrette made with blueberry preserves and maple syrup. It goes great with a fresh baguette and a frosty glass of minted lemonade.” —Susan Gauthier, Falmouth, Maine
Taste of Home
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
|4servings||20minutes + marinating||10minutes|
|4servings||20minutes + marinating|
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves 6 ounces each
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup blueberry preserves
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp ground mustard
- 1/8 tsp salt
- dash pepper
- 1 package ready-to-serve salad greens 10 ounces
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup canned mandarin oranges
- 1 cup crumbled goat cheese
- Toss chicken with oil, garlic, salt and pepper; refrigerate, covered, 30 minutes. In a small bowl, whisk together vinaigrette ingredients; refrigerate, covered, until serving.
- Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat until a thermometer reads 165°, 5-7 minutes per side. Let stand 5 minutes before slicing.
- Place greens on a serving plate; top with chicken, blueberries and mandarin oranges. Whisk vinaigrette again; drizzle over salad. Top with cheese.
1 serving: 455 calories, 26g fat (7g saturated fat), 82mg cholesterol, 460mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (27g sugars, 4g fibre), 24g protein.