Grilled Chicken Caesar Salad
Number of servings : Prep time: Cooking time: Type of meal : | Salads | Salads Special diet : Ingredients
Number of servings :
Type of meal : | Salads | Salads
Special diet :
¼ cup (50 mL) extra-virgin olive oil
1 clove garlic, minced
½ tsp (2 mL) kosher salt
1 tbsp (15 mL) chopped fresh rosemary
12 slices baguette, ½-inch (1-cm) thick
3 romaine hearts, cut in half lengthwise through the core, trimmed of large leaves
1½ lbs (750 g) chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
2 tbsp (25 mL) mayonnaise
1 tbsp (15 mL) lemon juice
¼ tsp (1 mL) hot sauce
1 tbsp (15 mL) Worcestershire sauce
3 tbsp (45 mL) extra-virgin olive oil
2 cups (500 mL) cherry tomatoes
2 oz (60 g) Parmesan cheese (preferably Parmigiano-Reggiano), shaved
- Combine olive oil, garlic, salt and rosemary. Brush on one side of each piece of bread. Brush on cut side of lettuce. Brush remaining on chicken breasts.
- Cook bread on grill until lightly browned on each side. Grill cut side of lettuce until lightly browned (about one minute). Grill chicken breasts for 4 to 6 minutes per side, until browned and cooked through.
- For dressing, combine mayonnaise with lemon juice, hot sauce, Worcestershire sauce and olive oil in a food processor or blender.
- Cut bread in half for croutons. Serve lettuce in large pieces or chop coarsely. Slice chicken on the diagonal.
- To serve, toss dressing with croutons, chopped lettuce, chicken and tomatoes, then top with shaved cheese; or serve on individual plates, with salad arranged in sections, drizzled with dressing and garnished with cheese.
Imported on 2011-01-20 20:26:46 — Original ID:3993