Grilled Calamari with Herbs
Number of servings : 4 Prep time: 20 minutes + 4 hours marinating Cooking time: 5 minutes Type of meal
Number of servings : 4
Prep time: 20 minutes + 4 hours marinating
Cooking time: 5 minutes
Type of meal : | Hors d’oeuvres | Hors d’oeuvres
Special diet :
250 ml (1 cup) basil leaves, rinsed
250 ml (1 cup) flat parsley leaves, rinsed
3 cloves garlic
125 ml (1/2 cup) olive oil
1 kg (2 lb) calamari, trimmed and rinsed
Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
2 lemons, in wedges
- In the food processor, pulse the basil, parsley and garlic to chop.
- Add the oil, pulse one minute, and transfer to a large bowl.
- Add the calamari, toss well to coat and marinate in the refrigerator for 4 hours.
- Preheat the barbecue.
- Drain the calamari and season with salt and pepper. Grill, turning occasionally, until opaque.
- Serve immediately with lemon wedges.