“I started using this grilled broccoli recipe in 1987 when I began cooking light. It’s been a favourite side dish ever since. With its lemon and Parmesan flavours, it once took second place in a cooking contest.” —Alice Nulle, Woodstock, Illinois
Photo: Taste of Home
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
|6servings||5minutes + standing||10minutes|
|6servings||5minutes + standing|
- 6 cups fresh broccoli spears
- 2 tbsp plus 1-1/2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Grilled lemon slices and red pepper flakes optional
- Place broccoli in a large bowl. Combine lemon juice, oil, salt and pepper; drizzle over broccoli and toss to coat. Let stand for 30 minutes.
- Toss broccoli, then drain marinade. Place cheese in a small shallow bowl. Add broccoli, a few pieces at a time, toss to coat.
- Prepare grill for indirect heat using a drip pan. Place broccoli over drip pan on an oiled grill rack. Grill, covered, over indirect medium heat for 8-10 minutes on each side or until crisp-tender. If desired, garnish with grilled lemon slices and red pepper flakes.
1 cup: 107 calories, 8g fat (3g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 304mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fibre), 6g protein.
Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fat, 1 vegetable.