Green Beans & Carrots in Coconut-Turmeric Curry
This recipe’s combination of turmeric, coconut milk and curry creates a sweet and rich sauce that complements the fresh flavours and satisfying crunch of the green beans and carrots. Finished with tart lime juice and cool cilantro, this recipe makes the perfect vegetarian main.
Photo: Walmart Canada
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 1 onion thinly sliced
- 3 medium carrots diced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 garlic cloves chopped
- 2 tsp fresh ginger grated
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1/8 tsp cinnamon
- 450 g green beans trimmed
- 14 oz coconut milk
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper optional
- fresh cilantro optional
- Heat the oil in a large, non-stick frying pan over medium. Add the onions, carrots and salt and cook 5 to 7 min, stirring occasionally, or until vegetables soften and onion just starts to get golden.
- Stir in garlic and ginger and cook 1 min. Stir in curry powder, turmeric, cayenne and cinnamon, then add beans and stir to coat. Cook about 3 min, then stir in contents of coconut milk can. Reduce heat to low, cover and cook 8 to 12 min or until beans are tender-crisp.
- Remove from heat and stir in lime juice. Garnish with cilantro.
For more delicious and economical recipes that feature in-season fresh Canadian produce, visit the Walmart Recipe Centre.