Greek Beef Pitas
You don’t have to take the fast-food route to enjoy Greek-style pita sandwiches. Pair this quick and easy lunch with a side of olives!
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
- 500 g lean ground beef 90% lean
- 1 small onion chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 3/4 tsp salt divided
- 1 cup Greek-style yogurt reduced-fat, plain
- 1 medium tomato chopped
- 1/2 cup cucumber chopped
- 1 tsp dill weed
- 4 whole pita bread warmed
- In large skillet, cook beef, onion, and garlic over medium heat 8-10 minutes or until beef is no longer pink and vegetables are tender, breaking up beef into crumbles; drain. Stir in oregano and 1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt.
- In small bowl, mix yogurt, tomato, cucumber, dill, and remaining salt. Spoon 3/4 cup (175 mL) beef mixture over each pita bread; top with 3 tbsp (45 mL) yogurt sauce. If desired, top with additional tomatoes and cucumbers. Serve with remaining yogurt sauce.