Garlic Roasted Brussels Sprouts
“My roommate and I used to make garlicky Brussels sprouts at least twice a week. Now I make them as a healthy side for all sorts of occasions.” —Katherine Moore-Colasurd, Cincinnati, Ohio
Taste of Home
- 2 lbs fresh Brussels sprouts trimmed and halved
- 2 red onions cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 7 garlic cloves finely chopped
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Preheat oven to 425°. Divide Brussels sprouts and onions between 2 foil-lined 15x10x1-in. baking pans.
- In a small bowl, mix oil, garlic, salt and pepper; drizzle half of the mixture over each pan and toss to coat. Roast until tender, 20-25 minutes, stirring occasionally and switching position of pans halfway.
1/2 cup: 69 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 215mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 3g fibre), 3g protein.
Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.