Fruited Pot Roast
“This is a wonderful variation of classic pot roast. My family really enjoys it. The fruit is a nice change from the usual vegetables that normally accompany this dish.” —Linda South, Pineville, North Carolina
Taste of Home
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
- 1 package mixed dried fruit 7 ounces
- 1 large onion cut into wedges
- 1 can unsweetened apple juice 5-1/2 ounces
- 1 boneless beef chuck roast 2 pounds
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Place fruit and onion in a 3- or 4-qt. slow cooker; add apple juice. Top with roast; sprinkle with seasonings.
- Cover and cook on low until meat is tender, 6-8 hours. Serve beef with fruit mixture.
4 ounces cooked beef with 1/2 cup fruit mixture: 394 calories, 15g fat (6g saturated fat), 98mg cholesterol, 302mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (28g sugars, 2g fibre), 30g protein.