Fresh Corn and Tomato Fettuccine
“This recipe combines delicious whole wheat pasta with the best of fresh garden produce. It’s tossed with heart-healthy olive oil, and a little feta cheese gives it bite.” —Angela Spengler, Tampa, Florida
Photo: Taste of Home
- 8 oz uncooked whole wheat fettuccine
- 2 medium ears sweet corn husked
- 2 tsp plus 2 tbsp olive oil divided
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 4 green onions chopped
- 2 medium tomatoes chopped
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tbsp minced fresh parsley
- In a Dutch oven, cook fettuccine according to package directions, adding corn during the last 8 minutes of cooking.
- Meanwhile, in a small skillet, heat 2 teaspoons oil over medium-high heat. Add red pepper and green onions; cook and stir until tender.
- Drain pasta and corn; transfer pasta to a large bowl. Cool corn slightly; cut corn from cob and add to pasta. Add tomatoes, salt, pepper, remaining oil and the pepper mixture; toss to combine. Sprinkle with cheese and parsley.
2 cups: 527 calories, 17g fat (5g saturated fat), 84mg cholesterol, 1051mg sodium, 75g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 9g fibre), 21g protein.