Folded Hazelnut Cookies
Nutella makes everything better—this holiday recipe is proof enough.
Photo: Taste of Home
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
|2dozen||30minutes||10minutes per batch|
|10minutes per batch|
- 1 tbsp hazelnuts finely chopped
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup confectioner sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 3/4 cup cold butter cubed
- 2 tbsp Nutella
- 1 large egg lightly beaten
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a small bowl, mix hazelnuts and sugar. In a large bowl, whisk flour, confectioners' sugar and cornstarch. Cut in butter until crumbly. Transfer to a clean work surface. Knead gently until mixture forms a smooth dough, about 2 minutes (dough will be crumbly but will come together).
- Divide dough in half. On a lightly floured surface, roll each portion to 1/8-in. thickness. Cut with a floured 2-in. round cookie cutter. Place 1/4 teaspoon Nutella in centre. Fold dough partially in half, just enough to cover filling.
- Place 1 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Brush with beaten egg; sprinkle with hazelnut mixture. Bake 10-12 minutes or until bottoms are light brown. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool.
1 cookie: 108 calories, 7g fat (4g saturated fat), 24mg cholesterol, 44mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 0 fibre), 1g protein.
Originally published on Taste of Home.