Flavourful Pot Roast
“On hectic days, this is so quick and easy to prep! Convenient packages of dressing and gravy combine to create a sauce worthy of a fall-apart roast. For a filling meal-in-one, serve with mashed potatoes and ladle the juices over top.” —Arlene Butler, Ogden, Utah
Photo: Taste of Home
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
- 2 boneless beef chuck roasts (2-1/2 lb each)
- 1 envelope ranch salad dressing mix
- 1 envelope Italian salad dressing mix
- 1 envelope brown gravy mix
- 1/2 cup water
- Chopped fresh parsley optional
- Place the chuck roasts in a 5-qt. slow cooker. In a small bowl, combine the salad dressings and gravy mix; stir in water. Pour over meat. Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours or until tender. If desired, sprinkle with parsley and thicken cooking juices for gravy.
6 ounce-weight: 142 calories, 7g fat (3g saturated fat), 49mg cholesterol, 496mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fibre), 15g protein.