Fish Fillets with Oat Crumble Topping
Lemony fish fillets are given a crunchy baked crumble topping that helps lock in the moisture. Accompany the fish with some steamed seasonal vegetables.
Photo: Reader's Digest Brainpower Cookbook
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley chopped
- 1 juice of lemon
- 1 lemon zest
- ground black pepper
- 2 oz canola oil
- 1 lb white fish fillets bones removed
- 1/2 cup fish stock
- Preheat the oven to 200 C (400 F).
- In a blender or food processor, combine the oats, flour, parsley, lemon zest and some freshly ground black pepper. Blend until the oats are coarsely ground. Add the olive oil and blend until the mixture just comes together.
- Arrange the fish in a single layer, skin side down, in a shallow 4 cup ovenproof dish that fits the fillets snugly. Pour over the stock and lemon juice, and top with the crumble topping, spreading it evenly over the fish.
- Bake for 15 minutes, until the topping is well-browned and the fish is just cooked through. Serve hot.
For more crunch, leave some of the rolled oats whole, or add some nuts to the mixture.
Each serving provides 1369 kJ, 327 kcal, 30g protein, 14g fat (4g saturated fat), 20g carbohydrate, 4g fibre, and 192 mg sodium.