Festive Roast Pork with Apricot Sauce
This holiday season, impress your family and dinner guests with this succulent roast pork recipe that’s juicy on the inside and has the right amount of spice!
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
|10||4hours (marinating time)||1-1/2hours|
|10||4hours (marinating time)|
- Roast Pork Loin
- 1 pork loin centre roast 4lb, boneless
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup dry sherry optional
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 2 tbsp dry mustard
- 2 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- Apricot Sauce
- 1 cup apricot jam
- 2 tbsp chicken broth
- 1 tbsp soy sauce sodium-reduced
Roast Pork Loin
- In a glass dish, combine soy sauce, sherry, garlic, dry mustard, thyme and ginger. Mix well. Add pork roast, turning to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours, turning occasionally.
- Drain and discard marinade. Place roast, fat side up, on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Bake, uncovered, in 350°F (180°C) oven for around 1 hour and 10 minutes, or until juices run clear when pork is pierced and just a hint of pink remains inside, or thermometer inserted into centre of roast registers 160°F (71°C). Let stand, loosely covered in aluminum foil, for 10 minutes before thinly slicing.
- In a small saucepan, bring apricot jam, broth and soy sauce to a boil over medium heat, stirring often, until jam is melted and sauce is bubbly, 3 to 5 minutes. Serve with roast.