Egg-Filled Tortilla Cups
Looking for a holiday appetizer that’s a bit outside the box? Look no further than this dish that wonderfully incorporates red and green colours. It would also work wonderfully as a family breakfast.
Photo: Dietitians of Canada
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup low fat cottage cheese
- 1/2 tsp dry mustard
- 1 pinch black pepper
- 2 tbsp green onions chopped
- 2 tbsp celery chopped
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 2 tbsp sweet red pepper chopped
- 4 medium whole wheat flour tortilla about 7 inches each
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Whisk eggs, cottage cheese, dry mustard, chili powder and pepper in medium bowl. Stir in green onion, celery and red pepper. Set aside.
- Spray four 1/2 cup ramekins (125 mL) with cooking spray. Place one tortilla in each ramekin, pressing to fit. Pour equal amount of egg mixture into each tortilla cup.
- Bake in preheated 375°F (190°C) oven until set, 20 to 25 minutes. Let stand for 5 minutes and serve.