“This margarita cake is perfect for a picnic on a warm day. You’ll be surprised at how closely it tastes like the real thing.” —Dawn Lowenstein, Huntingdon Valley, Pennsylvania
Photo: Taste of Home
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
|16servings||15minutes||45minutes + cooling|
|45minutes + cooling|
- 1 package lemon cake mix regular size
- 1 package instant lemon pudding mix (3.4 oz)
- 1 can frozen non-alcoholic margarita mix thawed
- 4 large eggs room temperature
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 3 tsp grated lime zest
- 1-1/2 cups confectioner's sugar
- 3 tbsp lime juice
- Preheat oven to 350°. Grease and flour a 10-in. fluted tube pan. In a large bowl, combine cake mix, pudding mix, margarita mix, eggs, butter, lime juice and zest; beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes.
- Transfer batter to prepared pan. Bake 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Meanwhile, combine glaze ingredients. Drizzle over cake.
1 slice: 284 calories, 8g fat (5g saturated fat), 62mg cholesterol, 379mg sodium, 51g carbohydrate (37g sugars, 1g fibre), 2g protein.