Dutch Oven Chocolate Dump Cake
“Looking for a quick dessert that will make people think you spent all day in the kitchen? This Dutch oven dump cake will wow your guests. Feel free to use your favourite pie filling in place of cherry.” — Rashanda Cobbins, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Photo: Taste of Home
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
- 1 can cherry pie filling (21 oz)
- 1 can evaporated milk (12 oz)
- 1 package chocolate cake mix regular size
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds
- 3/4 cup butter melted
- vanilla ice cream optional
- Preheat oven to 350 F deg. Line 4-quart Dutch oven with parchment; lightly spray with cooking spray.
- Combine pie filling and evaporated milk; spread filling mixture into bottom of Dutch oven. Sprinkle with cake mix (unprepared) and almonds; drizzle with butter. Bake, covered, until cake springs back when touched, 35-40 minutes. If desired, serve with ice cream.
1 cup: 515 calories, 24g fat (15g saturated fat), 61mg cholesterol, 605mg sodium, 68g carbohydrate (44g sugars, 3g fibre), 7g protein.