Dulce de Leche Hot Chocolate Pods
“Who doesn’t love a steamy mug of hot chocolate on a snowy day? Now you can give friends, neighbours, co-workers or anyone who deserves a treat the pleasure of this indulgent drink with these giftable hot chocolate pods.” —Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
|14 pods (2 servings per pod)||20minutes + chilling||5minutes|
|14 pods (2 servings per pod)||20minutes + chilling|
- 24 oz 53% cacao dark baking chocolate or semisweet chocolate chopped
- 1 can dulce de leche (13.4 oz)
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- Gold colored sugar and gold pearl dust optional
- Additional ingredient (for each pod)
- 1-1/2 cups whole milk
Portions: pods (2 servings per pod)
- Place chocolate in a large bowl. In a small saucepan, bring dulce de leche and cream just to a boil, stirring constantly. Pour over chocolate; whisk until smooth.
- Spoon 1/4 cup chocolate mixture into each of 14 paper-lined muffin cups; if desired, sprinkle with gold sugar. Refrigerate until firm, about 8 hours. If desired, brush with gold dust. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 weeks.
- To prepare hot chocolate: Bring 1-1/2 cups milk just to a boil; add one pod. Whisk until dissolved.
Editor's Notes: This recipe was tested with Nestle dulce de leche. Look for it in the international foods section. Pearl dust is available from Wilton Industries. Visit wilton.com.
3/4 cup: 289 calories, 17g fat (10g saturated fat), 28mg cholesterol, 100mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (26g sugars, 2g fibre), 8g protein.