Dry-Rub Grilled Pork Chops over Cannellini Greens
“My family was not a huge fan of pork until I tried this pork chops and green beans recipe. Feel free to incorporate your favourite herbs into the dry rub. You can use the rub on boneless skinless chicken breast or other meats, too.” —Michael Cirlincione, Stockton, New Jersey
Taste of Home
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 can cannellini beans 15 ounces, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup water-packed artichoke hearts drained and chopped
- 3/4 cup pitted Greek olives chopped
- 1/4 cup dry white wine or chicken broth
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 bone-in pork loin chops 8 ounces each
- 2 teaspoons Greek seasoning or seasoning of your choice
- 5 ounces fresh baby spinach about 6 cups
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onion; cook and stir until tender 4-5 minutes. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in beans, artichokes, olives, wine, broth, salt, paprika and pepper. Bring to a boil; reduce heat. Simmer until liquid is almost evaporated, 12-15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, sprinkle chops with Greek seasoning. Grill pork chops over medium heat until a thermometer reads 145°, 6-8 minutes on each side. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
- Stir spinach into bean mixture; cook and stir until wilted, 2-3 minutes. Serve with pork.
1 serving: 530 calories, 29g fat (8g saturated fat), 111mg cholesterol, 1345mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 6g fibre), 42g protein.