Drizzled Gingerbread Biscotti
Warning: these treats will become an instant obsession at your home.
Photo: Taste of Home
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
|3-1/2dozen||35minutes||40minutes + cooling|
|40minutes + cooling|
- 7 tbsp butter softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1/3 cup molasses
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup white whole wheat flour
- 5 tsp ground ginger
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1-1/2 tsp ground cloves
- 1/2 tsp coarsely ground pepper
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup crystallized ginger finely chopped
- 1-1/4 cups white baking chips
- 1-1/2 tsp shortening
- Red Hots
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, molasses and vanilla. In another bowl, whisk flours, spices, baking powder and salt; gradually beat into creamed mixture. Stir in crystallized ginger.
- Divide dough in half. On an ungreased baking sheet, shape each half into a 14x2-in. rectangle. Bake 20-25 minutes or until firm to the touch.
- Cool on pans on wire racks until cool enough to handle. Transfer baked rectangles to a cutting board. Using a serrated knife, cut diagonally into 1/2-in. slices. Place upright 1-in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake 12-14 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- In a microwave, melt baking chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Drizzle over biscotti. Decorate with Red Hots.
1 cookie: 124 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 19mg cholesterol, 90mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 1g fibre), 2g protein.
Originally published on Taste of Home.