Double-Lemon Cheesecake Bars
The tart zing of citrus from these cheesecake bars provides a great balance with a savoury dish.
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
- 52 vanilla wafers finely crushed
- 1-3/4 cups sugar divided
- 3 tbsp Melted butter
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 3 tbsp flour
- 2 tbsp corn starch
- 1 tbsp lemon grated zest
- 8 oz light cream cheese softened
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 4 eggs divided
- 1/2 cup water
- Heat oven to 325ºF.
- Line 13x9-inch pan with foil, with ends of foil extending over sides. Mix wafer crumbs and butter until blended. Press onto bottom of prepared pan. Bake 10 min.
- Separate 1 egg and refrigerate yolk until ready to use. Beat cream cheese, 1 cup sugar, flour, lemon zest, 2 tbsp of lemon juice and vanilla in large bowl with mixer until blended.
- Add egg white and remaining 3 whole eggs, 1 at a time, mixing on low speed after each just until blended. Pour over crust.
- Bake 40 min. or until center is almost set. Cool 1 hour. Refrigerate 4 hours.
- Mix cornstarch and remaining sugar in medium saucepan, gradually stir in water and remaining lemon juice until blended. Bring just to boil on medium heat, stirring constantly. Cook and stir until clear and thickened.
- Lightly beat reserved egg yolk in small bowl with fork until blended. Stir in 2 tbsp of the hot cornstarch mixture.
- Return to remaining cornstarch mixture in saucepan. Stir until blended. Cook 1 min. or until thickened, stirring constantly. Cool slightly.