Dilly Chicken Sandwiches
“A creamy lemon-dill spread adds summery flavour to tender chicken served between slices of grilled French bread with slices of lettuce and tomato. Serve it for lunch, or for a light and breezy dinner on the patio.” —Orien Major, Hinton, Alberta
Photo: Taste of Home
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves 4 ounces each
- 6 tbsp butter divided
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 3/4 tsp dill weed divided
- 8 slices French bread 1/2 inch thick
- 1/4 cup cream cheese softened
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 8 slices tomato
- Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness; set aside. In a large skillet, saute garlic and 1/4 teaspoon dill in 3 tablespoons butter for 1 minute. Add chicken; cook over medium heat until juices run clear, 3-4 minutes on each side. Remove and keep warm.
- Spread both sides of bread with remaining butter. In a large skillet or griddle, grill bread on both sides until golden brown.
- Meanwhile in a small bowl, combine the cream cheese, lemon juice and remaining 1/2 teaspoon dill; spread on one side of grilled bread. Place lettuce, chicken and tomato on 4 slices of bread; top with remaining bread.
1 sandwich: 490 calories, 27g fat (15g saturated fat), 123mg cholesterol, 591mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fibre), 30g protein.