Dark Chocolate Croissant Bread Pudding
“Croissants make an incredible base for this rich, chocolaty bread pudding. I prefer dark chocolate, but semisweet or white chocolate work, too. Garnish with your favourite nuts.” —Jennifer Tidwell, Fair Oaks, California
Photo: Taste of Home
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
|15servings||15minutes + standing||40minutes|
|15servings||15minutes + standing|
- 8 croissants torn into 2-inch pieces
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chunks
- 8 large eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tbsp grated orange zest
- 1-1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 3 cups 2% milk
- 1 cup orange juice
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°. Place croissants in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish; sprinkle with chocolate chunks. In a large bowl, whisk eggs, sugar, orange zest, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt until blended. Stir in milk, orange juice and vanilla; pour over top. Let stand about 15 minutes or until bread is softened.
- Bake, uncovered, 40-45 minutes or until puffed and golden brown; cover loosely with foil during last 10 minutes if top browns too quickly. Serve warm. Nutrition Facts 1 serving: 323 calories, 15g fat (8g saturated fat), 123mg cholesterol, 230mg sodium, 42g carbohydrate (29g sugars, 2g fiber), 9g protein.
1 serving: 323 calories, 15g fat (8g saturated fat), 123mg cholesterol, 230mg sodium, 42g carbohydrate (29g sugars, 2g fiber), 9g protein.