Crunchy Chili Lime Shrimp
“Easy, quick and family friendly, this chili lime shrimp recipe is dairy free and comes together in about 30 minutes. The secret is the bright, flavour-packed sauce. Serve over greens, store-bought slaw or cauliflower rice.” —Julie Peterson Crofton, Maryland
Photo: Taste of Home
- 2 lb uncooked shrimp peeled and deveined, 26-30 per pound
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp ground ancho chile pepper
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 medium lime
- 1 cup crushed tortilla chips
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 medium ripe avocado peeled and cubed
- Additional lime wedges and cilantro optional
- Preheat oven to 425°. Place the first 7 ingredients in a greased 15x10x1-in. pan. Finely grate zest from lime. Cut lime crosswise in half; squeeze juice. Add zest and juice to shrimp mixture; toss to coat.
- In a small bowl, combine crushed chips, cilantro and oil; sprinkle over shrimp mixture. Bake until shrimp turn pink, 12-15 minutes. Top with tomatoes and avocado. If desired, serve with additional lime wedges and cilantro.
1 serving: 230 calories, 13g fat (2g saturated fat), 138mg cholesterol, 315mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 2g fibre), 20g protein.
Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1-1/2 fat, 1/2 starch.